Saturday, July 6, 2013

The beginning of Crochet for me

I started crocheting in 2009 because I entered a yarn shop out of curiosity. It was summertime and I was bored. I had been visiting the shop next door looking for a gift. I decided to take a peak into the yarn shop just to see what it was like. I never dreamed I would become captivated by it.
I walked out of that shop with a book called Amigurumi World.  You can take a look here at the book. I also signed up for a class to learn how to do a pattern in the book and a bunch of yarn to experiment with beforehand.
I completed my first project with that class. I don't know if I would have ever learned crochet if I had not taken the class.  I created an owl as my first official project.
It is unfortunate that the yarn shop went out of business shortly after that. When I drive by the building where it used to be, I get a swell of sadness and bittersweet memories. It was a place I considered special.

Here's a picture of my first completed project.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment